Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Returning to PDX *Kicking and Screaming*


Life is cruel. Yesterday was easy to lose my sadness in a blur of whiskey and tequila starting early at 11:00 while waiting to depart from the Oakland Airport. This morning I woke to the harsh reality that I wasn't next to him and all I had was his sweatshirt lying in bed there next to me. Plus the hang over.
The ride to the airport could have been just another roadtrip. Cracking jokes and laughing hysterically at all of our ridiculousness. It hit me as he pulled my bag out of the back of his truck and kissed me goodbye. Shit. This dream is over. As I walked through security stupid little tears fell down my cheeks and I tried my best to wipe them away as quickly as they surfaced. I don't know when I'll be seeing him next. Life is cruel.
I guess from that last tidbit you can safely assume that my trip went well. It was actually fabulous. I laughed harder and smiled more than I have in a long time. We can be in the car for hours together just conversing and singing our favorite songs at the top of our lungs. All of this just reaffirming how butt fucking head over heels I am for this person. In the short time I was in California I was able to accomplish almost all that I had planned on: La Honda, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, putting my cards down on the table, visiting old friends, firming up some plans, etc. I even made it down to Morro Bay which was a pleasant suprise. Big Sur welcomed us home like a good friend as usual. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and I even got a tan(SO WELCOME!). Santa Cruz was phenomenal as well. Great White and company gave us quite a show on Friday night with Maker's Mark, lap dances, and the usual madness. Thanks to all who came out to say hi. How I've missed you all.
Here's some photographic evidence of my travels. *side note* There is no photographic evidence of Santa Cruz because 1. I wasn't able to operate a camera and 2. we could probably get arrested for posting images like that.
Flying into the bay The 1. I highly suggest driving it. Big Sur Pee Spot. Great spot on the side of the road. If you can find it, you're a lucky person. Blue Jay at the Pee Spot. I'm considering selling this photo to National Geographic... Right before I was ambushed by 50 seagulls in Morro Bay. Word to the wise.... Don't throw muffin crumbs in the air here..... sigh..... Our family stomping ground in Big Sur
And now here I am. Right where I left me.

No comments:

Post a Comment