Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy early birthday to me.


Oh Monday, how you've made a turn for the better. Today at work was a bit rough seeing as though my client's house was a disaster when I showed up (p.s. I'm a house keeper). I only had 4 hours to turn the house around too so it was a bit stressful. I didn't even have a moment to eat a banana (shame). Thankfully, my ever so understanding boss came to help me and we finished 45 minutes late. Not too bad but not my best.
So I'm driving home and then it strikes me.. "SHIT! I have to buy my Sasquatch Music Festival ticket tonight to get the most reasonable price on a 3 day pass!" So I rushed home tired but excited to make my purchase. Thankfully, Timber J is home (eating a salad ofcourse) and informs me that her and Leen have already bought their passes. I must buy mine IMMEDIATELY then! So I dish out the $187.00 scrillas even though I don't get paid til Friday. Prices will continue to increase after the release of the lineup tonight though so better now than later. Those bastards at Sasquatch just wanted to see how badly I wanted it. I know it... Closing such a deal on a Monday and not a Friday.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I will take the hit and consider this an early birthday present to myself. The last festival ticket I recieved as a birthday gift was an absolute success (Outside Lands 2008) AMAZING. I'm still dragging my jaw from seeing Radiohead perform live.
So here I am, the proud owner of a Sasquatch ticket. You might be asking yourself, "Well who the hell is playing then?" Haha. Funny you ask that. I don't know yet. Does that sound stupid? Why buy a 3 day festival ticket when the lineup could potentially (hopefully not) be pure rubbish?...

Cus I'm an asshole that's why!



What I'm really looking forward to is running around in a bathing suit all day long with my wonderful friends (3 confirmed as of right now), camping, drinking all day long, sweating in the sun, seeing bands that I'm stoked on, seeing bands that I mildly care for, seeing bands that I've never heard of, taking in the Gorge, being ridiculous, and dancing wildly. If nothing else, it will be the most expensive view of the Columbia River that I have invested in as of yet.

Furthermore, the lineup comes out tonight and I'm pumped to see what kind of mystery bag I've dug my little hand into. I'm hoping for some MGMT, Radiohead (would love to see them again. best concert EVER!), Temper Trap, Kings of Leon, Animal Collective, Bon Iver, The Avett Brothers, Mos Def, NIN, Broken Social Scene, Why?, Micheal Franti (another very very awesome live performer), Andrew Bird, Beirut, etc. Just to name a few from festivals I've seen before or were included in the lineup last year. C'mon May! Where you at!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment